10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Software Field Operations Engineer/Scientist-- Hiring at all levels
At 10x Genomics we innovate constantly, empowering our customers to discover new biology with previously unimagined breath, depth and accuracy. As a Software Field Operations Engineer/Scientist, you will be at the center of innovation that builds and maintains an optimal Customer Experience for 10x Genomics products. We are seeking a multi-talented individual to join our 10x Software Field Operations team. This individual will be a cross between a bioinformatics scientist, software engineer and support engineer/scientist. The ideal candidate will have experience developing and supporting next generation sequencing bioinformatics software and pipelines. You must be a great communicator and have a sincere desire to provide great customer service for our customers. You will work directly with our customers to provide first class bioinformatics and software support. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a world-class team and become an expert with groundbreaking 10x software and bioinformatics applications.
- Serve as a customer-facing expert on 10x Genomics software and bioinformatics products. Provide timely and expert resolution. Interactions are primarily through email and occasional conference calls. Log and manage customer issues using 10x's case tracking database.
- Manage the escalation process. Hold peer-level consultations with Scientists and bioinformaticians at top academic, research and corporate institutions. Partner daily with in-house R&D scientists, computational biologists and software engineers to provide timely resolution.
- Be the Voice of the Customer. Distill, quantify and actively represent Customer feedback to internal teams. Use your “Customer Perspective” to advocate for the User Experience while serving as a member of core product development teams.
- Capture lessons learned. Own the Knowledgebase, FAQs and Internal Team Wikis. Continually strive to improve and document our team’s processes.
- Produce technical content. Develop and maintain accessible software training material for internal and external customers.
- Lead Internal Technical Software trainings for Global Support personnel. (Train the trainer).
- Occasional travel to meet with customers and field team at trade shows, seminars and technical symposia. Remote members must be able to travel 20%, HQ based members 10%.
Required Skills and Background:
- Ph.D. with 2+ years of professional experience; BA/BS with 7+ years of professional experience, MS with 5+ years of professional experience in Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Must have deep hands-on experience analyzing NGS data and working with bioinformatics pipelines.
- Fluency in UNIX/Linux environments and strong scripting or programming experience (Python, R, Rust, Go).
- Experience analyzing data in a cluster or cloud environment and troubleshooting HPC issues (SGE, LFS, SLURM, etc).
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Characteristics and Experiences
- 10x is a very fast moving company. Successful members must be flexible and adaptable to change and have the ability to work collaboratively towards corporate priorities.
- Proven self-starter. Has ability to lead projects and complex duties independently to completion with limited direction.
- Demonstrated ability to learn large amounts of complex technical information quickly.
- Outstanding presentation and training skills.
- Sincere desire to provide outstanding customer service.
- Cross-disciplinary experience in the lab and informatics is a plus.
- Prior experience in customer support, training or teaching is desirable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.