10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Information Security Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Information Security Engineer with extensive cybersecurity experience and superb knowledge of information security standards and best practices to join our team. Our multi-disciplinary team in microfluidics, biochemistry, mechanical engineering, computational biology, and software has a proven track record of delivering successful commercial products built on deep technological innovation. At the same time, we take information security very seriously, and protecting both internal and customer data is our highest priority. If you are a self-starter who is passionate about security and is excited to work in a highly collaborative environment alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
- Design and implement robust solutions to enhance our security posture and protect against current and emerging security threats.
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
- Build, implement and maintain security management systems such as IDS/IPS, SIEM, automated vulnerability scanners and anti-virus/anti-malware solutions.
- Serve as the primary technical security resource on all systems and applications deployment.
- Develop new and improve existing security policies and procedures.
- Perform regular security risk assessments and audits to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as key member of the incident response team, lead the response and investigation of security events and provide thorough post-event analysis.
- Organize and conduct trainings to improve security awareness.
- Implement and enforce information classification and handling policy.
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience with information and network security and vulnerability management.
- Broad knowledge and experience with information security technologies and solutions such as IDS/IPS, SIEM, and UTM.
- Experience with regulatory compliance, including HIPAA and GDPR, and familiarity with well-established security standards such as ISO 27001 and NIST SP 800-53.
- Familiarity with encryption solutions and methodologies such as PKI and Key Management.
- Extensive experience with automating security logging and monitoring systems and log analysis tools.
- Solid knowledge of networking protocols and experience managing firewalls and network switches.
- Experience with IAM and SSO solutions.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management and security.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, e.g. Python, PowerShell.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Desired Skills and Background
- Working knowledge of AWS network and security architecture and best practices.
- Working knowledge of Web application security, OWASP guidelines and compensating controls.
- Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning.
- Experience working with MSSP vendors and EDR solutions.
- Professional security management certification such as CISSP and CISM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.