10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Marketing Manager - Biopharma
This position will be based in our HQ office in Pleasanton, CA.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to be responsible for owning the portfolio strategy, positioning and content for marketing communications for our Biopharma market. In addition, the Senior Marketing Manager will work in partnership with their regional colleagues and Global Product Marketing colleagues to plan, develop, and execute comprehensive Biopharma marketing programs and activities for our organization. The Senior Marketing Manager will also partner with the Strategic Account team to develop and nurture strong relationships with Biopharma to develop both long-term strategy as well as near-term projects to drive growth for the accounts and 10x.
- Development of marketing plans for the Biopharma Strategic Accounts that reinforces the Go-to-Market value proposition, including analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis and market opportunities.
- Conduct Voice of Customers with external and internal (e.g. field sales, regional counterparts) stakeholders to identify market trends and new opportunities. Use this information to provide input to broader business/ market and product development strategy to drive sustainable competitive advantage.
- Work cross-functionally to develop commercialization and product strategy that drive growth in key channels and segments.
- Lead the development of biopharma marketing plans and work in partnership to execute on the communication tactics including web, video, print, and collaterals for the Biopharma segment and to support global sales and Strategic Account team.
- Strategize and outline goals and objectives of each program and estimate and implement program budgets.
- Track and communicate program progress/ risks - identify and track KPIs to demonstrate that marketing activities are reaching the intended results and maximizing ROI.
- Own podium and publication strategy to include building relationships with KOLs and industry experts.
- Partner with multiple teams (e.g. R&D, Business Development, Sales, Regional Marketing, Applications, and Product Marketing) and stakeholders to organize cross-project work within the marketing programs.
- Achieve financial and market goals for Biopharma industry segment.
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Biological Sciences, Genetics, Genomics or related field required; advanced degree/MBA preferred
- 5-10 year’s experience in a biopharma role, pharma alliance management, marketing experience and/or product management experience
- Analytical with experience in product positioning, market sizing and segmentation and proven ability to develop strategic plans and execute to drive results against that plan
- Talent for leading cross-functional teams across multiple locations to drive results within a market segment/industry
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills as well as excellent facilitation and listening skills
- Must have customer-facing experience
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Independent and strategically minded
- Ability to influence across the organization at all levels
- Willing to travel up to 25%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.