While DNA sequencing technology has advanced rapidly, it’s still at a level equivalent to what assembly language was to computing, with huge advances yet to be made. 10x Genomics is creating products that will do for sequencing what C did for computing, bringing a leap in higher-order clarity and meaning to what is now very low-level information. Software is a key part of that leap. The scale and complexity of analyzing, managing, and visualizing DNA sequencing data means this is an area with no shortage of hard problems, where brilliant engineering still matters and can yield big payoffs.
We want computer scientists and engineers — not just programmers — who excel at creating elegant, practical solutions at every level from web APIs down to LLVM code optimization. We are developing performance-critical algorithms, highly parallel data analysis architectures, robust web applications, and rich user interfaces and visualizations deployed to desktop and cloud on legacy-free stacks.
If you are the kind of person who is an avid fan of technology in all fields, not just your own, and want to apply your talent alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
- Design, build, test, and ship software as described above.
- Work together to solve difficult architectural challenges.
- 3+ years shipping software.
- Deep Linux-based systems programming experience with an emphasis on performance and scalability with large data sets.
- Engineering skills and instincts that are language and platform invariant, but specific experience with Go, C/C++, Node.js, and Python are pluses.
- Previous work with desktop or mobile app platforms such as Windows, Cocoa, iOS, or Android is a bonus.
- Strong computer science fundamentals with understanding of the performance effects of OS, compilers, filesystems, network stacks, databases, and language runtimes.
- Demonstrated interest in the craft of software engineering in the form of open source contributions or side projects.
- Background in biology and DNA sequencing is NOT required. Enthusiasm for a broad range of technology fields is.
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.