1047 Games began with the simple principle that people should have fun while making great games. Bucking convention and driven by a passion to create the ultimate gaming experience, Ian Proulx and Nicholas Bagamian founded 1047 Games in 2017 in their Stanford dorm room. Their love for arena shooters of the past drove them to create Splitgate, a unique sci-fi first-person shooter that adds portal guns to upend the genre.
What started as two computer science majors putting portals into a first-person shooter for a project demo has evolved into a VC-backed company which has raised more than $120MM in funding.
At 1047 Games, you’ll find a permanently remote, dedicated team of top-tier talent from some of the world’s biggest gaming and tech companies who share our founders’ vision. Grit, ingenuity, a desire to have fun, and a start up mentality define our crew. We are currently working on a brand new shooter in the Splitgate universe.
What We're Looking For:
We are looking for a talented Associate Art Director to join the team to help lead and support the art team while working with both Game Design and Production partners to bring Splitgate to a new visual benchmark. As an Associate Art Director, your passion for visual fidelity, production pipelines, and production efficiency will help us achieve our product vision.
- A passionate art leader: You love to take on difficult, seemingly impossible problems and dig in to find creative ways to solve them
- A hard worker: You love to put in the extra effort, because you enjoy your work and know the impact of finishing the tasks at hand
- Passion for gaming: You can recognize what separates exceptional games from the average ones. You understand the mindset of gamers which enables you to create and implement features that will further benefit the game
- Direct involvement with visual feature planning and creative vision
- Represent the development team as an advocate for visual feature goals and quality standards when working with partner artists and art tech groups
- Create comprehensive briefs for internal and external art teams
- Lead visual prototyping initiatives for your feature areas
- Daily art direction of visual features
- Provide guidance and mentorship to your art team and ensure a positive, healthy working relationship
- Contribute to the style and tone documentation for your feature areas
- Oversee AAA art creation workflows and timelines while collaborating with art leaders/experts on continual improvement
- Support art production planning and support tracking of production progress
- Expertise in environments and developing proficiency in lighting and concept art
- An inclusive leadership mindset with passion, organization, and enthusiasm
- Experience as an Associate Art Director or Art Lead in digital media, familiar with setting and giving direction across multiple art disciplines
- Experience with formal review processes and stakeholder alignment
- Ability to direct and delegate to internal and external artists through visual targets, paint-overs, and mood boards
- Ability to work with production, engineering, and marketing partners to manage delivery timelines in a fast-paced environment