1021 Creative is looking for a Research & Editorial Manager who will be responsible for managing editorially-driven client projects. The Manager will oversee the creative direction and project management of all research and editorial projects and initiatives, including managed channels, video and playlist curation, copywriting and copy editing needs, press stories, trends research, year end reports, and other editorially driven projects as they arise.
The Research & Editorial Manager will work directly with client managers to understand and develop the goals and guidelines of each project, clearly communicate them to the 1021 editorial team, and evaluate work to ensure we are delivering to the client’s expectations. A collaborative spirit, creative mindset, and process driven skill set is essential in this role.
We are a fast-growing Content Curation and Marketing Agency made up of pop-culture fanatics whose obsessions and skills are as varied as their locations and backgrounds. As we’ve grown, it’s become a priority to maintain a sense of community and culture. As a member of the 1021 Creative team, we would be looking to you to continue to foster our culture initiatives, which center around empathy, collaboration, work/life balance, diversity, and inclusion.
About 1021 Creative:
Our team is comprised of compassionate artists, DJs, writers, musicians, and collectors. But our approach to curation and content marketing values technology and metadata as much as taste and talent. We balance art with algorithms and use real-world data to create experiences that build trust, build revenues, and build brands. With more than 80 pop-culture obsessives working in 15 different countries, our services include editorial curation, product development, social media, and consulting.
- Creative-direct Research & Editorial initiatives including channel management, press stories, trends research, etc. for all applicable territories, including but not limited to: US, CA, UK, India, LatAm, Brazil
- Project manage Research & Editorial work related to contract requirements and research for our North American content strategists
- “Own” the project guidelines for each initiative, including: drafting guidelines points, facilitating approval from the client, including managing and communicating any changes or edits to all team members
- In collaboration with Sr. Manager of Production, create project briefs and 101 docs for every new project and/or deliverable
- Add new projects, manage existing projects, and assign tasks in the 1021 Creative Project Management Tool
- Work with Sr. Manager of Production to track all deliverables
- Ensure all responsibilities of coordinators including deliverables and timelines are communicated clearly to and understood by team members, including how long tasks are estimated to take.
- Check-in with coordinators regularly to ensure work is being completed in a timely manner. This may involve checking in with a coordinator’s manager if you don’t directly manage a coordinator working on your project.
- Work with coordinators on problem solving and efficiency if tasks become challenging and take longer than estimated. Create training materials for new team members on Research & Editorial initiatives
- Collaborate with Editorial Director and VP, Content Strategy - Americas & EMEA on contract renewals
- Assist with getting new coordinators set up in client systems
- Conduct one-on-one weekly (or bi-weekly) meetings with each coordinator as needed, to talk through specific projects and what the editorial goals of each project are
- Lead Research & Editorial-related meetings with client managers as requested
- Provide feedback on Research & Editorial initiatives as requested by client
- Manage schedules for all direct-reports including coverage for holidays, vacation, sick time, etc. as well as hourly allotments per week
- Approve timecards for direct-reports, if applicable
- Field and facilitate new editorial programming requests from client and work with 1021 Creative’s VP and Director of Editorial as needed to help determine scope and budget
- Field any additional Research & Editorial requests from client team and submit for approval to 1021 management
- Attend weekly meetings with client and 1021 Creative Editorial Director
- Work with direct-reports to ensure compliance with 1021 Creative policies, including confidentiality and employee conduct
- Represent 1021 Creative’s culture through leadership of our teams and with our clients
- Special projects, as needed
What we’re looking for:
A creative, curious, and empathetic human with
- Experience leading projects & teams
- Participate in and lead efforts associated with 1021 Creative’s culture of inclusion, empathy, diversity, work/life balance and communication
- Comfort in fast-paced environments where tasks and guidelines can change quickly
- Journalistic/Editorial background
- Strong cultural expertise in the United States
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work in Google Suite
- Comfort working with data and statistical analysis
- Special Projects as needed
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to work remotely
- Open Paid-Time-Off Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Contribution
- Full-time, salaried
Wherever you are, as long as it’s somewhere in the United States of America