1021 Creative is looking for a Director, Content Strategy - Americas to manage our teams in the North, Central, and South America. The Director position requires both strategic and creative thinking, with a passion for leading people and projects -- bringing ideas, solutions, empathy and proactiveness to the role. A large focus of this role would be on growth and development of team members through mentorship and support. The Director will also participate in identifying new business development opportunities at our client, including architecting new projects, negotiating contract renewals, and developing SOWs.
As a leader for the content strategy team for the Americas, you will work closely with regional managers to collaboratively improve processes and solve challenges in delivery of client work. The Director would have a background that includes effective project management skills, along with an understanding of how process and documentation can streamline team understanding and client deliverables. This role will have on-going and in-depth knowledge of current client projects, to be able to speak to and report in detail to the client and the 1021 executive team.
We are a fast-growing Content Curation and Marketing Agency made up of pop-culture fanatics whose obsessions and skills are as varied as their locations and backgrounds. As we’ve grown, it’s become a priority to maintain a sense of community and culture. As a member of the 1021 Creative team, we would be looking to you to continue to foster our culture initiatives, which center around empathy, collaboration, work/life balance, diversity, and inclusion.
About 1021 Creative:
Our team is comprised of compassionate artists, DJs, writers, musicians, and collectors. But our approach to curation and content marketing values technology and metadata as much as taste and talent. We balance art with algorithms and use real-world data to create experiences that build trust, build revenues, and build brands. With more than 80 pop-culture obsessives working in 15 different countries, our services include editorial curation, product development, social media, and consulting.
- Oversee editorial as it relates to client work in the Americas, including but not limited to: US, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, and Brazil
- Ensure compliance with current team members contracts, in regards to hours, paid leave, etc. and 1021 Creative policies, including confidentiality and employee conduct, for all coordinators and managers
- Ensure projects are on track, guidelines are understood and goals are being met
- Ensure projects are adhering to scope
- Add new projects, manage existing projects, and assign tasks in the 1021 Creative Project Management Tool regularly
- Continue to research ways to improve production process
- Work with recruiter and managers on hiring needs and screening candidates for all new and existing client projects
- Work with 1021 team members; Account Manager, HR and Operations to ensure new team members are properly onboarded into 1021 Creative and client.
- Troubleshoot any client related access, product, or equipment issues with managers and coordinators
- Partner with managers to schedule time off for holidays, vacation, sick time, etc. as well as hourly allotments per week for team members
- Approve timecards for team members
- Facilitate the creation and administration of training materials for global managers
- Direct oversight of 1021 Creative’s International Programming Managers
- Shadow at least one content strategist shift per month, to continue to stay in touch with the work the team is performing.
- Collaborate with Account Manager on new business development ideas and leads
- Field any new and additional requests from client team and submit for approval to 1021 management
What we’re looking for:
A creative, curious, and empathetic human with
- Experience leading projects & teams
- Participate in and lead efforts associated with 1021 Creative’s culture of inclusion, empathy, diversity, work/life balance and communication
- Comfort in fast-paced environments where tasks and guidelines can change quickly
- Journalistic/Editorial background
- Strong cultural expertise in the United States
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work in Google Suite
- Comfort working with data and statistical analysis
- Special Projects as needed
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to work remotely
- Open Paid-Time-Off Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Contribution
- Full-time, salaried
Wherever you are, as long as it’s somewhere in the contiguous United States of America