100x is the result of the phenomenal success of BitMEX, the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD per day.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem of 100x Group companies, through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
The Financial Products team manages the full product range on the BitMEX platform. This includes responsibilities for maintaining the existing range of products, optimising the existing product mix through data driven decisions and designing and rolling out new products aimed at increasing and diversifying our client base and revenues.
This role will be part of the global Quant team within Financial Products. The successful candidate will help to design future iterations of the platform's margining architecture and will work closely with the Technology team to direct its implementation. There will also be scope to suggest, research and implement tactical improvements to the platform.
- Building and developing (non-linear) derivative pricing libraries
- Designing and developing a margining system architecture that incorporates both portfolio margining as well as a pre-defined initial / maintenance margin
- Creating simulator tools for backtesting parameter and methodology changes in (portfolio) margining systems / liquidation algorithm / insurance fund
Project management of all relevant implementations
- Developing existing and designing new index methodologies, working alongside internal & external teams
- Documenting all proposed production changes
- Assisting Financial Products team members with product launches & adjustments
- 7+ years of experience as a derivatives quant
- Strong background in options and risk management
- Ability to innovate and refine quantitative processes
- Strong communication skills; breaking down complex problems into simple concepts
- Ability to interface between the business and technology teams
- Experience managing projects across multiple departments
- Crypto futures & options experience a plus
- Interest in the crypto space is a must