A pioneer in the FinTech world, 100x is the result of the phenomenal success of BitMEX, the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
The BitMEX trading platform represents the cornerstone of 100x. As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem of 100x Group companies, through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
This role will be responsible for assisting the trading team in optimising trading algorithms by analysing existing trading behaviours and crypto markets. The role would also be central to building and testing quantitative models used in the creation of new systematic trading strategies.
- Lead development of tools used by traders to assist their decision making process, work closely with quant traders to build, maintain and enhance our electronic risk management and trading platform by analysing large time-series datasets and performing post-trade analysis of algo strategies.
- Proactively propose enhancements from which the business will benefit.
- Back-test trading strategy models and automate optimisation of parameters.
- Develop methods, processes to gather and analyse structured and unstructured data from diverse sources.
- 6+ years experience of financial, trading and market data analysis used for trading system development.
- Strong understanding of cash and derivatives trading and concepts.
- Degree in a quantitative subject such as Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science.
- Strong programming skills and numerical computing using languages such as Python, R, KDB and Matlab.
- Practical knowledge of statistical techniques, forecasting and data mining.
- Experience building back-testing frameworks, strategy modelling and optimisation..
- Excellent problem solving, communication and collaboration skills
- Drive and desire to work in an intense team-oriented environment.
- Entrepreneurially minded and able to identify ways to improve business performance.
- Familiar with:
- Java or C++ programming language
- Jupyter notebook environment for analytical studies
- Experience in the crypto currency industry
- Flexibility to work and relocate outside of Hong Kong