A pioneer in the FinTech world, 100x is the result of the phenomenal success of BitMEX, the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
The BitMEX trading platform represents the cornerstone of 100x. As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem of 100x Group companies, through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
The core responsibility of this role is to develop and maintain a strong market risk control infrastructure around the revenue-generating capabilities of the firm. The candidate is expected to challenge and partner with the business to optimise risk and financial returns. The candidate will also be involved in various other functions, including treasury, product controls, and management reporting.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To design and implement market and liquidity risk framework, policies and controls
- To establish a trade control framework and implement the controls
- To develop risk management tools and provide regular risk reporting to senior management
- To enhance control infrastructure around the trading function of the firm by:
- Performing Independent Price Verification (IPV) of traders marks against external pricing sources
- Ensuring the accuracy of relevant P&L and Balance sheet positions reported in the management reporting tools and that the applicable reconciliations have been completed and all issues identified/resolved
- Providing commentary on P&L swings and variance investigation
- To participate in the design and launching of new products, and establish/refine risk control policy and procedures for such products
- To monitor potential non-financial risks and work with Legal and Compliance team within the Group to mitigate the risks
- To liaise with local regulatory bodies on risk-related matters
- Degree or above in a quantitative discipline such as quantitative risk management or related disciplines
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in market risk management and product control
- Sound knowledge of financial products
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- FRM holder is preferable
- Experience in credit risk management is a plus
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal