At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We're a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the DeFi and Ethereum stacks.
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.
Alongside the core protocol, 0x Labs also builds and maintains a suite of network incentives, business resources, developer/trader tools (e.g., 0x API), and end-user products (e.g., Matcha).
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time.
YOUR ROLE AS DIRECTOR OF OPS AT 0X
Operational excellence is the cornerstone of any successful startup. Product development, marketing, sales, community engagement and every other activity at the company requires a strong, supportive foundation in order to be successful.
0x Labs has established product-market fit across several product teams and is now focused on expanding our reach to work with more teams, communities, technologies, and users around the world. To continue rapidly scaling up, we need to establish a new level of operational excellence in order to support the product teams in their growth.
As our Director of Operations, you will be responsible for overseeing key business operations in Finance, Legal, People Ops and Recruiting by partnering with functional specialists overseeing those domains. You will lead the design and implementation of systems, processes and tools to enable the continued growth of 0x Labs as we onboard more team members and accelerate progress towards our roadmap. You’ll be a key communication node within the company, ensuring teams are setting goals and priorities aligned with the overarching mission of the business, and are working with one another to achieve those goals.
In addition to managing day-to-day operations of the business side of 0x Labs, as Director of Operations you will work closely with the leadership team on key strategic projects that are high impact or high risk to the business. This could include international expansion, investor relations, fundraising or other projects.
Scaling a fast-growing, globally-distributed, multi-product crypto startup is difficult — communicating, planning, coordinating, and reacting to the rapid pace of the crypto requires great people and good teamwork. In addition to helping us achieve our Mission — Creating a tokenized world where all value can flow freely — you will also help us establish 0x Labs as a premier place to work and grow in ones professional career. We’re a passionate team that enjoys our work, and we want our employees to feel valued, empowered, respected, and energized to continue transforming the world.
You’ll work closely alongside:
- Will Warren, Co-Founder & Co-CEO. Before founding 0x Labs, Will was studying in an engineering PhD program.
- Amir Bandeali, Co-Founder & Co-CEO. Before founding 0x Labs, Amir was a trader with DRW Trading.
- Rui Zhang, Senior Legal Counsel. Before joining 0x Labs, Rui founded her own crypto startup in the energy space and was a Senior Legal Manager at Citic, a global multinational financial conglomerate.
- Max Torres, Head of Finance. Before joining 0x Labs, Max led finance for a number of startups in crypto and in infrastructure technology companies.
- Nicole Setter, People Operations Generalist. Before joining 0x Labs, Nicole ran events and community engagement for /dev/color, a non-profit organization that aims to maximize the impact of Black software engineers.
- Various other teams and stakeholders across 0x Labs.
- Oversee all business-related functions across 0x Labs including Legal, Finance, People Ops, and Recruiting: manage teams of specialists that focus on those core domains
- Build processes, systems and tools for the company to continue its high growth trajectory: enable and support product teams to accelerate their pace of development and innovation
- Lead the Objective and Key Results (OKR) process across 0x Labs: own direct oversight for the business side of 0x Labs and facilitate the goal-setting process for the product, engineering and go-to-market teams
- Facilitate the generation of regular organization-wide business reviews
- Manage internal communications between the leadership, operations, and product teams
- Act as key manager of investor relations and own regular communication
- Oversee large strategic projects such as fundraising, international expansion, regulatory strategy, etc.
- Strong generalist with experience in operations, legal, finance, people operations, recruiting and other domains
- Experience designing and implementing systems and processes for a high-growth startup
- Project management experience with a track record of multi-tasking and coordinating efforts across multiple stakeholders
- Desire to influence and foster relationships with different teams within the company
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders (investors, the 0x community, etc.)
- Experience managing teams in a globally distributed organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Interest in crypto and decentralized finance (DeFi)
- Strong domain expertise in one or more areas of operations, legal, finance, people operations, recruiting, etc.
- Experience with international expansion hiring and managing global teams
- Experience managing outside consultants and service providers
- An MBA is not required but could be beneficial
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch delivered at home daily for SF residents
- Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
0x Labs and its associated entities (0x) are dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its teams and workforce, and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.