At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We're a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the DeFi and Ethereum stacks.
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.
Alongside the core protocol, 0x Labs also builds and maintains a suite of network incentives, business resources, developer/trader tools (e.g., 0x API), and end-user products (e.g., Matcha).
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time.
We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.
YOUR ROLE AS A BLOCKCHAIN ENGINEER AT 0X
The Networks team prides itself on its intellectual curiosity and is often tasked with exploring new technologies. They’ve developed zero-knowledge proof-based DEX scaling solutions as well as a global, decentralized peer-to-peer orderbook that underpins some of the leading applications in the space (e.g., Matcha, Augur, professional market making operations, etc).
As a Software Engineer on this team, you’ll help navigate the growing landscape of blockchain scaling solutions — both L1 and L2. This includes leading 0x through branching out beyond Ethereum and integrating upcoming blockchains into our production infrastructure. You’ll start by exploring and evaluating the tradeoffs, performance, and traction of these chains; move towards experimental prototypes for those we’re interested in pursuing; and ultimately implement the necessary changes in our containerized infrastructure to support them.
The group’s scope also includes smart contract prototyping, optimization, and auditing, in whatever languages these chains utilize (e.g., Rust, Solidity, and domain-specific L2 technologies).
- Experience developing production-quality software in Rust, TypeScript, and/or Solidity
- The ability to very quickly learn new technologies
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- Exhibit our core values: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Experience developing on LibP2P or other peer-to-peer networking technology
- Experience with containerization (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker) and scalable automated infrastructure
- Experience with WebAssembly, WebRTC, web security and other browser technology
- Experience interacting with Ethereum nodes / web3
- Familiarity with Golang
- Experience working remotely
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch delivered at home daily for SF residents
- Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
0x Labs and its associated entities (0x) are dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its teams and workforce, and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.