At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We're a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the DeFi and Ethereum stacks.
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.
Alongside the core protocol, 0x Labs also builds and maintains a suite of network incentives, business resources, developer/trader tools (e.g., 0x API), and end-user products (e.g., Matcha).
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time.
YOUR ROLE AS AN ENGINEERING MANAGER AT 0X
As an Engineering Manager at 0x, you’ll report to our Co-CEO and lead 5-10 of the industry’s most talented engineers, tasked with ensuring that 0x remains the most resilient, flexible, and future-proofed decentralized exchange stack. You'll oversee either our Maker or Taker team, responsible for providing the best possible development and trading experience to each class of end users, respectively.
Your immediate team members come from diverse technical backgrounds, including folks who have honed their skills on self-guided open-source Ethereum development, built AI infrastructure at Facebook, owned distributed systems powering large-scale drone deployment analytics, pioneered novel cryptographic advancements, audited security-critical smart contracts across the industry, shipped popular UIs used by millions, and scaled high-performance trading systems.
From a product perspective, we celebrate IC-driven ownership, and we select leadership for their ability to collaborate on and align company, team, and personal milestones; establish guardrails; empower autonomy; remove blockers; and oversee iteration.
From a human perspective, we value empathy, transparency, perseverance, emotional intelligence, intellectual horsepower, and a growth mindset; and we select leadership for their ability to foster a psychologically safe, upwardly mobile, and high-output/impact culture.
- Lead, inspire, and grow our engineering teams, supporting them in achieving exceptional technical quality and inter/intra-team cohesion
- Ensure individual accountability, personal growth, and advancement within the team
- Drive engineering strategy on engineering initiatives, maintaining a deep and current knowledge base of the blockchain space and understanding how to adapt 0x where appropriate
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams, including engineering (internal and external), design, research, data science, product management, executive leadership, and recruiting
- Assist in hiring world-class talent
- Be a steward and influencer of our early engineering culture
- Strong technical background and 3+ years of experience in engineering management
- High emotional intelligence
- Adept at planning, prioritization, execution, and coaching
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to tailor messaging to a wide variety of audiences at differing levels of technical sophistication
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- The ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack
- Knowledge of market structures and exchange-related concepts
- Understanding of blockchain technology, smart contracts, and/or cryptoeconomic protocols
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch delivered at home daily for SF residents
- Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
0x Labs and its associated entities (0x) are dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its teams and workforce, and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.