About 0x Labs
We're a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together to actualize that mission.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of the 0x protocol; a network of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that facilitates decentralized exchange of blockchain-based digital assets.
0x is a secure, publicly owned, publicly governed, upgradable software standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
About Periscope Trading
Periscope Trading is a special division of 0x Labs. Founded in April 2020, we focus on providing liquidity as “Market Makers” on all sorts of crypto markets, with an initial focus on providing on-chain liquidity via the 0x protocol.
Periscope embraces a broad landscape of opportunity including: token arbitrage, multi-chain market making, sophisticated liquidity provision into AMM’s, derivatives, “play to earn” arbitrage and mining, and more.
The Role: Software Engineer
As part of Periscope’s small engineering team, you’ll notably help shape our work culture and operating practices.
We're seeking colleagues who:
- Can theorize novel alpha strategies as well as write code
- Find the process of solving problems (and learning how to solve problems) without a known best practice to be motivating!
- Thrive working independently and autonomously as a high-output individual contributor; while at the same time, are experienced in and enjoy working collaboratively with a small, fast-moving team
- Value transparency in providing and receiving 360-degree visibility to and from the team
- Are comfortable with economic risks and competitive game theory
- Are comfortable as part of a remote team with 24x7 market exposure
- Are highly motivated to advance our aggressive strategic goals of instigating competitive and consumable DeFi liquidity
We're seeking a full stack software engineer to help scale our initial success stories into a multi-strategy, international trading desk and further explore the tidal wave of emergent trading opportunities.
Our Tech Stack
- AWS -- basic (e.g. IAM, S3, Secrets Manager, EC2 + networking)
- Networking basics: HTTP/REST, websockets, SSH
- Ethereum libs, APIs
- Kafka, Postgres, Redis
- Docker and Docker-compose, K8s
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (i.e. not limited to “academic” accomplishments)
- 2-3 years experience as a Software Engineer, working with blockchain and/or trading tech, teams, and motivations
- Professional experience developing production-quality software in (one or more of) Python, Go, Typescript
Other Areas of Interest or Experience
- Developing HPC systems (Go, C++)
- ETL and data pipeline solutions (FOSS solutions, Kafka, Redis, Airflow)
- Building distributed systems
- Interacting with Ethereum nodes / web3
- Developing and working with computer security, highly sensitive credentials and “secrets”
- Highly competitive salary and equity (in 0xLabs) with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Trading Team bonus compensation based on performance
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Meals and snacks provided in office daily
- Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Choice of fully remote (International location is fine!) supplemented by a fantastic office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, San Francisco
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
0x Labs and its associated entities (0x) are dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its teams and workforce, and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Please provide relevant links, access to your github, your resume, and any other information you would like us to know about you!