COMPANY AND ROLE
At 0x, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the cutting edge of internet and economic advancement.
We're a highly technical, globally distributed team headquartered in San Francisco. 0x's protocol and toolset power a diverse set of marketplaces around the world; we build and maintain many of the fundamental building blocks that allow for the frictionless, non-custodial exchange of value.
Our Protocol team is in charge of smart contract development, solving greenfield challenges around liquidity, market structures, governance, cross-chain interoperability, security, and mechanism design. We architect and consistently ship a wide range of innovative features, also closely collaborating with other external teams that are pushing the envelope of the space.
As its Engineering Manager, you’ll lead 5-10 of the industry’s most talented engineers, tasked with ensuring that 0x remains the most resilient, flexible, and future-proofed protocol for decentralized exchange.
Your immediate team members come from diverse technical backgrounds, including folks who honed their skills on self-guided open-source Ethereum development, built AI infrastructure at Facebook, owned distributed systems powering large-scale drone deployment analytics, pioneered novel cryptographic advancements, and audited security-critical smart contracts across the industry.
You’ll report to 0x’s CTO, and in defining and executing our vision, work closely with Protocol’s PM (ex-Facebook), our three-person design team (ex-Facebook, Apple, Airtable, etc), adjacent eng and go-to-market teams, and executive leadership.
WHO YOU ARE
From a product perspective, we celebrate IC-driven ownership, and we select leadership for their ability to collaborate on and align company, team, and personal milestones; establish guardrails; empower autonomy; remove blockers; and oversee iteration.
From a human perspective, we value empathy, transparency, perseverance, emotional intelligence, intellectual horsepower, and a growth mindset; and we select leadership for their ability to foster a psychologically safe, upwardly mobile, and high-output/impact culture.
- Lead, inspire, and grow our Protocol team, supporting them in achieving exceptional technical quality and inter/intra-team cohesion
- Ensure individual accountability, personal growth, and advancement within the team
- Drive engineering strategy on Protocol-related initiatives, maintaining a deep and current knowledge base of the blockchain space and understanding how to adapt 0x where appropriate
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams, including engineering (internal and external), design, research, data science, product management, executive leadership, and recruiting
- Assist in hiring world-class talent
- Be a steward and influencer of our early engineering culture
- Strong technical background and 3+ years of experience in engineering management
- High emotional intelligence
- Adept at planning, prioritization, execution, and coaching
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to tailor messaging to a wide variety of audiences at differing levels of technical sophistication
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- The ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack
- Knowledge of market structures and exchange-related concepts
- Understanding of blockchain technology, smart contracts, and/or cryptoeconomic protocols
- Additional cryptocurrency-based compensation
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/disability/pet)
- 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Meals and snacks provided in office daily
- Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
0x is dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its team and workforce, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.