Are you excited by packing a world-class experience into 3.5 inches? Or 9.7 inches? If you think you can fit all the awesomeness of Cameo, into the palm of your hand, come join us as our Lead iOS Engineer.
Acquired by Vimeo in March 2014, the focus of Cameo (Apple’s "Best of 2013") remains the same, create an incredible experience around mobile video creation and consumption. One part tech, one part media, our small team of designers and developers work together to blend trends from both to build a powerful, global product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create exciting, innovative mobile experiences
- Grow, lead and develop a team of mobile engineers
- Collaborate with a tight team of designers and developers to define, design and ship new features and functionality
- Contribute new ideas and innovative strategies to help create the next big thing in mobile
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Experience building, testing and distributing iOS apps
- 3 – 7 years experience with mobile development (app or mobile web)
- Experience incorporating 3rd Party API’s (Facebook & Twitter are a good start)
- Strong mastery of Objective – C and all the necessary tools (Xcode, iOS, SDK, tc)
- Experience working with web services, JSON, and XML
- Strong experience with audio/video encoding, optimization & handling
- Experience with multi-threaded applications
- Keen eye for design and pixel-perfect implementation of design into code
- Driven and self motivated with the ability to collaborate with a team
- Solid experience with version control (we use Git) and bug tracking
- Obsession with unit and use case testing
- Experience building, managing and inspiring a team of mobile engineers
- Experience developing native apps for other mobile platforms (Android, Blackberry)
- Solid background in object oriented programming for the web (PHP, Python)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 160 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.