- Twilio is migrating the communications industry from its 150-year-old legacy in hardware to its future in software. With our cloud communications platform, we fundamentally change how businesses build solutions for their communications needs.
- Twilio has virtualized the entire telecommunications infrastructure stack into a set of streamlined cloud APIs, introducing agility, global reach and cost savings of flexible, multi-tenant cloud software to the traditionally expensive and slow moving field of telecommunications.
- Hundreds of thousands of developers have incorporated Twilio into their companies and products, deploying everything from complete call centers to work scheduling applications, from mobile marketing and lead management to tools that improve customer security.
- Our customers are the innovators you recognize and respect, from start-ups like Uber, Box and Airbnb, to the agile enterprises including Coca-Cola, the Home Depot, Alaska Airlines, Walmart and more.
- Come help us transform this 1.3 trillion dollar industry with the power and flexibility of software.
About the job:
- Work on Twilio’s Android SDK architecture and drive development using the latest mobile standards.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into released Android SDK features.
- Collaborate with product management to define, architect, and build new customer-facing features.
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services in production.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems in mobile and web communications.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- We’re seeking talented senior engineers to help build the best telecommunications API on the planet.
- As an Android Engineer you will be a part of the core engineering team developing the Twilio Client. You will bring the power of Twilio and the latest communications technologies to Twilio’s Android SDK.
- Successful candidates will be strong developers with experience shipping high-profile user-facing products, working in large code bases, and engineering features for security, scalability, & high availability.
- You ship software fast and frequently.
- Mastery of Android technologies (Java, Android SDK). iOS experience a plus.
- 3 - 5+ years in industry as a developer working on mission-critical user-facing systems.
- A solid understanding of networking, algorithms, memory management, and concurrent programming.
- Strong experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues and optimizing code for application performance.
- Ability to write maintainable code with extensive test coverage and work in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev / stage / prod release cycle, continuous deployment).
- Proven ability to work on closely-knit teams using Agile tools for tracking progress, issues, etc.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced startup. We ship to thousands of people on a very regular basis with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them.
- A Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of SIP stacks such as JAIN SIP and PJSIP.
- Work with audio/video applications.
- You contribute to or maintain an open source project.
- You have a strong passion for security.
- You've developed an app using Twilio Client API stack.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.