Tumblr’s Support team is expanding its role within the company, and we need someone with the vision and energy to build it into a cross-departmental powerhouse that supports not just Tumblr’s users, but the goals of every team at Tumblr.
Your primary job will be:
- Leading the strategic and day-to-day direction of the Support department in best resolving community problems and concerns. Balancing the demands of that role with Support’s other ongoing projects.
- Filtering feedback from the community to the Product and Engineering teams, and ensuring each problem is handled with the appropriate amount of urgency.
- Working with every team at Tumblr to support the organization, as a whole, operationally.
Because you’ve got these qualities:
- Management experience, ideally with teams of 10 or more, serving in customer support or generalized logistics roles.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Deep technical experience and the ability to credibly discuss product and engineering solutions with the Product and Engineering teams.
- Comfort with balancing the management of a department which responds to thousands of tickets a day with all of the other tasks you’ll be responsible for.
- Experience managing a remote office, or at least working closely with one.
- A passion for Tumblr, and a real understanding of not only our features, but also our purpose and possibilities.
- You can read code, and you get Agile development workflows.
- A good understanding of new and upcoming developments in technology, the internet, social media, all that; as well as an awareness of the issues that affect Tumblr’s users in particular.
- Great judgment. Better yet, really great judgment.
- Flexibility and poise. You’re someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment.