An analyst well-versed in statistical analysis and algorithm design, ready to be let loose on Tumblr’s many terabytes of data.
What You'll Do:
- Experiment with big data, big systems, and big challenges with an extraordinarily small and talented team.
- Use your passion and understanding of Tumblr's product to provide insights into user behavior to help shape business decisions.
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS degree in quantitative field strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working with very large datasets of varied levels of structure.
- Must have Python experience
- Knowledge of SQL skills against large datasets.
- Proven quantitative skills, ability to think analytically, and strong attention to details.
- Desire to apply academic knowledge to solve real-world problems.
- Smarts, humility, and equal willingness to learn and teach.
- Ability to work with APIs in Python a plus (e.g. Google Analytics, Tumblr).
Tools We Use:
- SQL or HQL
- Tableau a plus
Other Tools We Like:
- Hadoop, Pig, Hive, HBase
- Ruby, PHP, and R