The proliferation of machine log data has the potential to give organizations unprecedented real-time visibility into their infrastructure and operations. With this opportunity comes tremendous technical challenges around ingesting, managing, and understanding high-volume streams of heterogeneous data.
As a Software Engineer in Test & Performance, you’ll architect and implement automated tests to measure performance, scalability, and reliability of our system that runs our elastic big data analytics platform written in Scala and runs in the AWS cloud. Our system is a highly distributed, fault tolerant, multi-tenant platform that includes bleeding edge components related to storage, messaging, search, and analytics. This system ingests and analyzes terabytes of data a day, while making petabytes of data available for search and forensic analysis, and is expected to reach substantially larger scale in the near future.
You will building infrastructure and large-scale continuous integration frameworks for our cloud infrastructure, pushing our service to the limits and identify bottlenecks.
You are a strong software engineer in test who is passionate about large-scale systems. You care about producing clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested code; you do this as a member of a team, helping the group come up with a better solution than you would as individuals. Ideally, you have experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of 24x7 commercial services.
- Design and develop infrastructure and distributed testing frameworks for performance and system testing for an extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage petabytes of customer data.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- 2+ years object-oriented experience, for example in Java, Scala, Ruby, or C#
- Familiar with QA processes
- Understand performance characteristics of commonly used data structures (maps, lists, trees, etc).
- Desire to learn Scala, an up-and-coming JVM language (scala-lang.org).
- Passion for cutting edge technologies, complex problems, and breaking things.
- Experience in big data and/or 24x7 commercial service is highly desirable.
- Experience with performance/system testing
- You should be happy working with Unix (Linux, OS X).
- Agile software development experience (test-driven development, iterative and incremental development) is a plus.