Software Engineer (New Grad)
Pure Storage is a fast growing, pre-IPO company in the heart of Silicon Valley whose world-class engineers are disrupting a $15 billion (and growing) market for enterprise storage. With over $245 million in funding from some of the hottest VCs, our record revenue growth and big margins have landed us a valuation of well over $1 billion. We are seeking enthusiastic engineers to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
Our engineers come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. Pure provides simple value proposition to our customer for the same cost.
We say - Replace your existing storage disk arrays with ours - it's 10x faster, requires almost no configuration and costs the same.
Too good to be true? The secret sauce - Software written from the ground up around flash memory's strengths and weaknesses
What to expect:
As a software engineer, you’ll work on our core product (Performance, Data Reduction, Kernel, Manageability, Replication, Development Test Tools) and solve problems which requires research, investigation and development.
- Big and small problems to work on
- Finding duplicate data, reclaiming overwritten space in petabytes of storage
- Efficient replication across wide-area networks
- Analytics for health data coming from tens of thousands of customer storage arrays
- Understanding how applications use flash and how to optimize the whole stack (from application to SSD)
- Making code scale to 32 core or more
- Simple, yet powerful user interface
- Sharp tools which allow us to ship new features quickly
- Extensive automated testing pre-check-in and post-check-in
- Currently pursuing bachelors, masters or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field.
- Storage experience not required.
Culture & Perks
We believe in teamwork, persistence, creativity and ownership. We hold a weekly All Hands lunch which promotes our open-door policy and our "check-your-ego-at-the-door" mentality, and keeps all employees abreast of our progress in reaching our goals. We also believe in taking care of our employees while making sure we are having fun. Here are just a few of our perks:
- Unrestricted vacation: take time off when you need it
- Free lunch, dinner, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, & pinball machines
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!