Mixpanel's mission is to help the world learn from their data. We've made it ridiculously easy to run extremely complex queries across massive amounts of data, all in real-time - our reports are literally to-the-second.
We're currently processing over 24 billion transactions per month from gaming, mobile, social, and e-commerce companies world-wide. This volume of data, and the types of analysis we can do, give us some uniquely interesting problems to solve: scaling, data integrity, building apis, availability, and data visualization.
- Demonstrate world-class programming ability.
- Collaborate and discuss engineering architecture.
- Care about system reliability and code quality.
- Will dig through source code other people wrote to fix problems no matter what.
- Are 80% vim, 20% emacs.
As an engineer at Mixpanel, you'll be doing interesting work from day one. We've got tons of problems to solve, from scaling the backend to writing intricate interfaces.
- You are a generalist looking to tackle any engineering problem from front to back.
- You have a core understanding of fundamental computer science concepts.
- You understand performance tradeoffs.
- You have built (and are dying to show us) something you're proud of, outside of work/school.
- We are backed by amazing top-tier investors including: Sequoia Capital, Max Levchin (co-founder of PayPal), Michael Birch (co-founder of Bebo), and Keith Rabois (COO of Square).
Want to join?
What's the hardest thing you have ever built? Explain it in your cover letter in as much detail as you would like.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.