Disqus is looking for smart people to work with us on data delivery and real-time analytics to build content recommendations and advertising into our comment system. Every month we see over a billion unique users across millions of sites. That’s a lot of traffic and data to process and analyze. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to work with our small but growing team to build out our data applications and infrastructure. If you live and breathe data, if you yearn for a statistically significant answer, or if you’re just simply uncomfortable making a decision until the numbers add up, this job is for you.
What You'll Do
- Build, refine, and tune our real time and batch data infrastructure
- Work with Data Analysts to get the right data to the right people at the right time
- Work with our DevOps team to scale our data infrastructure
- Participate in architecting and building our systems for maximum productivity and scalability
What we're looking for
- Proven ability to build large, reliable, scalable infrastructure -- you've directly contributed to scaling a highly-trafficked website or web application
- Extensive knowledge of Data Infrastructure at both the physical and the logical level
- Ability to program in Python and ideally Django.
- Ability to trouble shoot complex data and system interaction problems
- Ability to work with Nginx, Kafka, Storm, Hadoop, Hive, Redis, Cassandra, Postgres, Python, Django, Java, Scala as needed to make things work
- Passion about data and the infrastructure needed to handle it
Disqus is a free service that enables great online communities. As the web’s most popular discussion system, Disqus is used by 3 million websites that cover pretty much any topic imaginable. Our magic is in connecting people to stuff worth talking about.
Who We Are
Disqus is a fast-growing team making a big impact. We’re a group of hackers and tech geeks who love the web and believe that better communities will make an even better web. We believe in amazing user experiences, well-designed code, and fast, iterative development.
We love what we do, and we love the team we’ve built.
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Daily catered lunch and fully stocked snacks, drinks, and beer
- Weekly in-office yoga and massage
- Apple computers and a bountiful equipment policy
- Flexible hours, so you can be at your most productive
- Generous out-of-office time for holidays, vacation, sick leave, and personal or family needs
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, babies - you name it, we celebrate it!
- 401(k) plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, employee assistance program and flex spending accounts
- Convenient office location in SOMA near public transit (blocks from BART, Muni, Caltrain) and parking
- Friendly, casual office environment with plenty of toys (foosball, ping pong, video games, and more)