Axiom Zen is looking for a talented and meticulous designer with a passion for branding, illustration, and beautiful user interfaces to join our world-class team in Vancouver, Canada. Years of experience don't matter as much as commitment to quality and passion for building impactful products, brands, and designs.
We build complex digital products but want to experiment with blending mediums, injecting design and technology into physical products and the real world. See the end of this posting for a more in-depth description of Axiom Zen.
As the ideal candidate, you are comfortable working with an experienced and fast-paced team, taking on significant responsibilities, and pushing the boundaries of what's possible. You appreciate and learn from design trends and best practices but are not be afraid to bend or break the rules to deliver groundbreaking work. You love everything web-related and are comfortable designing and polishing world-class brands, logos, and visual designs.
- Demonstrated interest in thinking outside the box
- Amazing human and collaborative team member
- Strong portfolio featuring world-class designs
- Range of styles and ideas, ability to multi-task & juggle priorities
- Passionate about typography, art, layout and design
- Web development or mobile expertise
- Strong experience as a web or mobile designer
- Aptitude for 3d modelling, physical products, set-ups, expositions
- Previous experience with fast-growing start-up
Axiom Zen is an idea catalyst: we build, launch, and accelerate iconic companies.
We are thinkers and builders; artisans and architects. Reflecting Vancouver and San Francisco, the two dynamic cities that surround us, we are a diverse, multi-faceted, and multi-national team with an extraordinary range of perspectives and experiences.
Our team of creatives have built complex infrastructure and award-winning applications serving millions of delighted users, working with industry giants like Apple, Google, Baidu, and Facebook.
Axiom Zen team members have also helped build, grow, and successfully exit multiple technology startup companies, generating hundreds of millions of dollars in shareholder value and giving our team a unique perspective on product ideation, launch, and iteration to market fit.
Let’s build the future together.
Perks and Benefits:
We provide exceptional benefits:
- Top-tier healthcare. Full health, life and AD&D insurance as well as premium vision, dental, and extended health care.
- Personal development budget. We actively participate in the development of our team. You have access to a Professional Development budget of $400 per quarter allocated, separate from your compensation, to be spent on conferences, classes, books, and any other resources to maintain and expand your skill set, industry knowledge, and professional growth. Or take someone interesting to lunch or coffee for in-person learning
- Flexible Vacation and Remote Work Policy. We support work-life harmony and also believe in balance. Make your impact consistently and we’re totally flexible on time off. Minimum of 2 weeks every year, with no limit.
- Speaker Travel Budget. We believe strongly that all our team members should have the opportunity to become thought leaders in their fields. To support this, we have a standard policy to cover travel + accommodations for speaking engagements anywhere in the Americas, and are very willing to support speaking engagements elsewhere around the world as well.
- “Live the Brand” Experiences. [Axiom Zen Canada] Several times per week, the team engages in fun and exciting products & experiences sponsored by the company. Everyone has the opportunity to submit ideas. We believe time outside of the office helps us think outside the box.
- “Live the Brand” Products. We also believe that using great products helps us build them better. Every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, platforms, and products.
- Maternity / Paternity Leave. Flexible leave in addition to existing leave allowance in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Commuter Reimbursement. We cover public transport to work and back. If you bike to work instead, we set aside $1000/year for bike maintenance.
- Top-Line Equipment. Apple laptop, large 2nd monitor, personal gadget budget, company smartphone of your choice in addition to fully paid voice and data plan. Models dependent upon needs and department function.
Zen Den Vancouver
B1 - 788 Beatty St.
Vancouver BC V6B 2M1
Zen Den San Francisco
550 15th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110